Skip to main content

HONEST REVIEW: Wardah Exclusive Matte Lip Cream [01] RED-DICTED

Hello everyone! Today I am going to write a review on the Indonesian-made Wardah Exclusive Matte Lip Cream in shade 01: RED-DICTED.
Initially, I was never interested to own any lip products from this brand because based on my experience, Malaysian-made lip products are often "meh" for me. I wouldn't say bad, but I was just never that impressed. So I figured Indonesian lip products must not be any different... until I tested this particular matte lip cream! I went window shopping with a friend at our local drugstore (watsons at Suria Sabah Shopping Mall, if I am not mistaken) and she made me paint her lips with wardah lip cream in this exact shade, i.e. code 01. I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with the hue. It's the kind of red I've been looking for this whole time!!! Unfortunately, payday was like a fortnight away at that time (that's right I don't get paid enough to even buy a lipstick at my heart's will. Big work, small pay. Huh!) so I reluctantly kept my cool and muttered softly to the precious lip cream, "I will be back for you".  Still a better love story than Twilight

Alright! Enough blabbering and let's proceed with the main review. Kalau saya merapu, sampai tahun depan pun tidak habis 

PRICE & PACKAGING
I bought this during the recent watsons online SALE at RM 20 only (NP: RM35).  The packaging is so-so. Nothing that impressive. Normal box and normal glass tube. Simplicity is the key right? Haha no further comment on this.



The applicator is slightly different compared to the other lip products I ever own. You can't see it very clearly in the picture but you'll know what I'm talking about if you've ever tested the product yourself. I actually like this very much, as the application is smoother with this one. Maybe because it was angled in a way that it allows you to reach every nook-and-cranny of your lips. I was also able to line my lips without even using a lipliner. 

SWATCHES
Look at the colour! Are you in love yet? 💕 (with the lip cream, not the person hahaha)


Long-lasting guaranteed. Even after eating and drinking, the colour stays. It fades a bit, but not to the point where it is drastically noticeable. It doesn't smudge too! However, after application, let it sit for a while first. Do not blot your lips. Do not eat or drink. Just wait for it to settle first for a few minutes, thennnn you're good to go. It will still transfer a little, but you'll find it will not change the intensity that much. Ok la baitu, harga pun bukannya RM200
Oh! one more thing, this matte lip cream is non-drying. So no appearance of chapped lips. Just make sure you prep your lips with lip primer and/ or lip balm first. (This is just my experience. What works for me may not work for you^^) 

CRUELTY-FREE STATUS
Unknown :( I really hope they don't test on animals, though. If anyone has information regarding this matter, please do let me know. Thanks!

INGREDIENTS
The ingredients are listed in the table below. Based on cosdna (updated as of December 2017), the ingredients are mostly safe and non-irritant.  Although propylparaben is contained in this product, the dose had been lowered so it will not likely cause any harmful reactions. As you can see, propylparaben only serves as a preservative in this product (or any other product, really) so that it will not expire that soon. To me, this doesn't affect my decision to re-purchase or not. But hey you do you. If you insist on avoiding paraben at all cost, then just forget about buying this thing hehe.

Conclusion
All in all, I do recommend you to get one of these. I will certainly re-purchase. Despite the affordable and relevant price, it is actually almost as good (if not better) as some of those high-end products out there. This is absolutely a gem! And good news for my Muslim sisters out there, this lip cream is definitely HALAL 💗 
.
.
.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this super sexy matte lip cream in the comment sections below 👇👇👇.  Share-share bah.. baru lah sporting kan hehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HONEST REVIEW: Good Virtues Co. Shampoo, Conditioner, and Serum

Hi there! So I have been using these products for almost 2 months now 👇👇👇 Total price: around  RM 39 including postage! (That's right I bought it online via " Shopee " app) Happy & Heavenly: Anti-Dandruff Care Shampoo Nourishing Hair Fall Protection Colour: White Consistency: A bit runny Smell: Intermediate soothing smell, no strong smell or anything. P.S. This shampoo doesn't really bubble up, as it is free from SLES. It's totally fine because that has nothing to do with the shampoo being good or bad. Helpful & Delightful: Anti-Dandruff Care Conditioner Nourishing Hair Fall Protection Colour: White Consistency: Thick and smooth Smell: Intermediate soothing smell, no strong smell or anything. Helpful & Delightful: Multiple Repair Hair Serum Colour: Colourless Consistency: Oily Smell: My first impression was "WHAT IS THIS HEAVENLY SMELL WHY DOES IT SMELL SO GOOD OHMYGOD MUST. APPLY. MOREEEE!!!!" (yeah h

Honest Review: SIMPLE Hydrating Light Moisturizer

Hey there~ So recently, I have been searching for a few basic skincare products that are more pocket-friendly ( dah broke lettew~ ), and since the brand " SIMPL E " has always been known for being a safe-and-affordable option, I decided to give it a try. Here's a list of what I bought so far:- SIMPLE Moisturizing Facial Wash; SIMPLE Soothing Facial Toner; and SIMPLE Hydrating Light Moisturizer . However, today we are going to talk about item number 3 first. I will do another review soon on item 1 & item 2 above, and I will provide a link to the entry later. My Skin Type: Pre-pregnancy - combination skin. During pregnancy (current) - dry, sensitive skin with a little bit of redness. My Skin Tone: Pre-pregnancy - fair. During pregnancy (current) - fair, uneven, dark spots. Climate: I live in Malaysia, so it's hot, humid, and rainy throughout the year! PRICE & PACKAGING Source: Google The product itself